Saturday, January 23, 2010

Zonealarm Cannot Update My Computer, Using Windows XP And Accessing The Internet Via Internet Explorer 6, Is Preventing Any Downloads?

My computer, using Windows XP and accessing the internet via Internet Explorer 6, is preventing any downloads? - zonealarm cannot update

Can not download programs from the Internet in general, including updates from Microsoft. I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite is implemented an antivirus program, and I get a report of a virus. I have also tried Spybot with no indication of a problem. I connect through a router firewall.
All you get is the message of access denied, locked page or error message "HTTP 404".
It also prevents me from updating my updates to ZoneAlarm.
If you have any ideas?
Thanks

4 comments:

  1. Uninstall the software first ZoneAlarm and AVG Antivirus and security software such as viruses.

    This will solve your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to identify it first, which prevents you created to download stuff.

    Close any programs that you have the security. In particular, the firewall ZoneAlarm.

    If this is not the reason, try the manufacturer's website or access the router's manual to see if there would be no reason to block the Internet traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am beginning to use other browsers such as Firefox or Opera. I had problems with my Internet Explorer but not the same as you, I could not open it or download it to restart without problems. Internet Explorer is vulnerable to viruses of the couple. switch to Opera and Firefox was helpful. Problems are not only fast downloads, especially with Firefox. I can not even decide what works best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try another browser like Firefox http://securitynewsfromthenet.blogspot.c ...
    or opera http://www.opera.com/download/

    ReplyDelete